Full Time Caseworker (Independence Apartments)
Edmonton John Howard Society (EJHS) is a CARF accredited community based crime prevention organization that has been operating in Edmonton since 1949. Our mission is “through our programs and services we work to prevent crime and to help people affected by crime”.
The Edmonton John Howard Society provides the following:
- Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
- Service recognition and employee awards
- Professional Development opportunities
- Staff teambuilding and appreciation days
- Competitive health, dental and RRSP benefits
We are a values-driven organization that supports clients from a strength based approach. If your values are aligned with our core values listed at: https://johnhoward.org/about-us/core-values, please consider joining our team.
Independence Apartments is a Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) funded by the Correctional Service of Canada (C.S.C) and operated by the Edmonton John Howard Society. The program houses approximately 35 federal offenders on various forms of Conditional Release. Our goal is to assist and support clients in their transition from incarceration to community living. As a Caseworker, you have the opportunity to promote pro-social and healthy lifestyles using various methods including but not limited to, ongoing monitoring/reporting of client behavior, assessing the risks and needs of clients, completing accurate referrals to treatment centers/community resources as required and assisting clients in the development and implementation of SMART goals. Caseworkers are part of a Case Management Team which consists of a Parole Officer and where applicable, could include Edmonton Police Officers, RCMP and/or Program Facilitators. The Case Management Team’s role is to aid in all aspects of client care in hopes for a successful release.
- Advocate and support clients during their residency
- Oversee a caseload of clients
- Conduct Intakes, Interviews and Assessments
- Develop Resident Action and Transition Plans and monitor resident progress
- Liaise with C.S.C staff, EPS, RCMP, program providers and Agency funders
- Attend and participate in Monthly Case Conferences, Unit/Agency Meetings and Agency Committees
- Daily File Maintenance/Data Entry/Administration
- Program Security including regular security checks, room searches and monitoring of security cameras
- Ensure Program and Agency policies are followed at all times
- Maintenance and cleanliness of facility
- Contribute to a positive culture
Qualifications / Skills:
- Diploma in a related Human Services field
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Federal Correctional System
- Criminal Record Check, Enhanced Reliability Screening and Vulnerable Sector Check Required
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Ability to work an on-call rotation
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a position that requires frequent standing, walking up and down stairs, and occasional lifting
- All candidates will be obliged to comply with EJHS’s Mandatory Vaccine Mandate, as a condition of employment
- Hours of work are Monday-Friday, alternating weekly between the 7:00-15:00 and 15:00-2300 shifts
- On Call Rotation
The starting salary is $45,000 annually.
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter by March 24th, 2023, to: email@example.com
Please include “23-007EJHS Caseworker” in the Subject Line of the email. Please include how you heard about the position in the cover letter.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Safety and harmony in our community
Edmonton John Howard Society is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds