Full Time Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job ID: 19-007EJHS
Edmonton John Howard Society (EJHS) is a CARF accredited community based crime prevention organization that has been operating in Edmonton since 1949. Our mission is “through our programs and services we work to prevent crime and to help people affected by crime”.
The Edmonton John Howard Society provides the following:
- Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
- Service recognition and employee awards
- Professional Development opportunities
- Staff team-building and appreciation days
- Competitive health, dental and RRSP benefits
We are a values-driven organization that supports clients from a strength based approach. If your values are aligned with our core values listed at: https://johnhoward.org/about-us/core-values, please consider joining our team.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Quality Improvement the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for assisting the VP with program Performance Measurement , Management and Improvement; assist with the continued development of EJHS Quality Improvement system
- Assist the VP with the development of program Logic Models and measurement tools
- Manage program and agency databases, liaising with database company; work with database company when new program databases are developed
- Ongoing monitoring of program data for: accuracy, completeness and validity; monitor targets
- Liaise with program managers for Quality Reviews
- Assist with completion of annual evaluation reports for agency programs
- Assist with identifying research which supports program delivery methods and comparative outcomes with similar programs delivered by EJHS , as time permits
Qualifications / Skills:
- Completion of bachelor’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences, social work or health related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with process and outcome evaluations, performance measurement and management
- Previous experience working in the non-profit sector an asset – understanding of how community programs are delivered
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Attention to detail, critical and analytical thinking ability
- Above average knowledge and ability with WORD, Excel, Microsoft 365 and Google Docs, databases
- Above average writing skills. Able to present information in a concise and understandable way
- Meeting facilitation skills
Conditions of Employment:
Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm starting date will be when a suitable candidate is found. Criminal Record Check, Children’s Services Intervention Check and Enhanced Reliability.
Location: 10010-105 Street Edmonton
Salary: The starting salary range is $65,000 to $70,000 annually.
To apply, submit a résumé and cover letter by March 29, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include 19-007EJHS, Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant in the Subject Line of the email. Please include how you heard about the position in the cover letter.
Edmonton John Howard Society is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds