Overnight Part Time Caseworker – Howard House
Edmonton John Howard Society (EJHS) is a CARF accredited, community based not for profit crime prevention agency that has been operating in Edmonton since 1949. Our mission is “through our programs and services we work to prevent crime and to help people affected by crime”.
The Edmonton John Howard Society provides the following:
- Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
- Service recognition and employee awards
- Professional Development opportunities
- Staff teambuilding and appreciation days
We are a values-driven organization that supports clients from a strength based approach. If your values are aligned with our core values listed at: https://johnhoward.org/about-us/core-values, please consider joining our team. The Bridges Treatment Program at Howard House is an 8 bed community based treatment facility for male young offenders in Alberta who are serving sentences. Part-Time Youth Workers are part of a multidisciplinary treatment team that provides counselling services to support young male offenders who are struggling with mental health and addictions issues. Overseeing the routines of all eight youth in the program, Youth Workers interact and mentor to assist youth in achieving their treatment goals.
- Completion of accurate written daily documentation
- Delivery of services in a client centered, strength based approach
- Build collaborative relationships with youth and support youth to achieve their treatment goals
- Role model and assist youth with self-advocacy, life skills, social skills, communication and conflict resolution
- Encourage youth to engage in healthy lifestyle alternatives
- Transparently address current challenges with youth
- Maintain a safe, secure, and clean environment
- Contribute to a positive culture by assisting and supporting the treatment team
- Practice agency mission, vision, values and guiding principles
- Participate in unit staff meetings
- Working towards a diploma or degree in a related Human Services field
- 6 months experience working with youth
- Strong communication and pro-social relationship building skills
- Able to work independently and effectively deal with crisis situations
- Able to work shift work including weekends, holidays and awake overnights
- General computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Record Check
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the successful candidate to work weekend overnights and holidays. Shift times are 11:00pm – 7:00am. The position will have the possibility of doing occasional weekday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm or 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm however the position is an overnight weekend and holiday position.
The starting hourly wage is $17 per hour plus differential for overnight hours
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 19-032EJHS Overnight Youth Worker – Howard House in the Subject Line of the email. Please include how you heard about the position in the cover letter.
The closing date is until suitable candidate is found.
Edmonton John Howard Society is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds