Shift Workers – Journey Home Job ID 23-043EJHS
It is an exciting time to join the team at the Edmonton John Howard Society as we embark on a renewed
strategic direction. For over 70 years, EJHS has been rooted in community safety and this will continue
to be our focus. We offer individuals and families a chance to heal and reintegrate into the community
from justice and related systems. Our new strategic direction is about building on our rich history in the
community safety space, including building our community services; building our team; and building our
Edmonton John Howard Society strives to provide a meaningful work environment through the
• Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
• Service recognition and employee awards
• Professional development opportunities
• Staff team building and appreciation days
We are a values-driven organization that supports clients from a strength-based approach. If your values
are aligned with our core values listed at: https://johnhoward.org/about-us/core-values, please consider
joining our team.
Journey Home is a program for 6 adult males that have been given a Not Criminally Responsible
Disposition (NCR). Staff are onsite, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week and provide supervision and support
in a safe, stable environment to help residents gradually re-adjust to the community after living in a secure
hospital setting. This Program is delivered in partnership with the FACS NCR Treatment Team.
• Delivery of services in a client-centred, strength-based approach
• Completion of accurate written documentation, data collection/entry, intakes and assessments
• Contribute to the management of a high-risk, high-needs client base by being a member of a
• Ensure services are being delivered in accordance with Agency Policies and Procedures
• Contribute to a positive culture by assisting and supporting colleagues as needed and
encouraging and teaching others about the unit’s operations
• Maintain a safe, secure and clean environment
• Participate in Unit Meetings
Qualifications / Skills:
• Completed a degree or diploma in the human services field with related experience
• Strong communication and pro-social relationship-building skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a mental health population
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Population
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary treatment team
Conditions of Employment:
• Clear Criminal Record Check, and valid First Aid/CPR
• Availability to work shift work including weekends, holidays, and awake overnights
• The successful candidate must be able to work shift work (including holidays, weekends,
evenings, and overnight shifts) and be available for a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
• The hours of work are 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, and 11:00 pm – 7:00 am shifts.
• The position requires frequent standing, walking up and down stairs, and occasional lifting.
• This position is to start Immediately
• The starting wage is $20 per hour.
• Shift differential will be paid for hours worked between midnight (12:00 am) and 6:00 am.
Submit your application through Shift Worker – Journey Home – Edmonton, AB – Indeed.com
by October 15th, 2023
If you are not able to access Indeed, please submit a résumé and cover letter in one PDF document to
firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “23-043EJHS – Shift Worker (Journey Home)” in the Subject Line of
Please include how you heard about the position in the cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter will
not be considered.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Safety and harmony in our community
Edmonton John Howard Society is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages
applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds