Shift Workers – 101st Street Apartments Job ID 23-031EJHS
It is an exciting time to join the team at the Edmonton John Howard Society as we embark on a renewed strategic
direction. For over 70 years, EJHS has been rooted in community safety and this will continue to be our focus. We offer
individuals and families a chance to heal and reintegrate into the community from justice and related systems. Our new
strategic direction is about building on our rich history in the community safety space, including building our community
services; building our team; and building our story.
Edmonton John Howard Society strives to provide a meaningful work environment through the following:
• Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
• Service recognition and employee awards
• Professional development opportunities
• Part Time Health Spending Account (based on a minimum number of hours)
We are a values-driven organization that supports clients from a strength-based approach. If your values are aligned with
our core values listed at: https://johnhoward.org/about-us/core-values, please consider joining our team.
101st Street Apartments is a Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) for high-risk adult males, some with various
psychiatric disorders, who are on release in the community under the authority of Parole Board Canada. The Part-Time
Shift Worker is an important part of the multidisciplinary treatment team with Edmonton John Howard Society (EJHS) at
101st Street Apartments and contributes knowledge, expertise, and experience to the successful treatment of a highrisk, high need client base
• Delivery of services in a client-centred, strength-based approach
• Completion of accurate written documentation, data collection/entry, intakes and assessments
• Contribute to the management of a high-risk, high-needs client base by being a member of a multidisciplinary
• Ensure services are being delivered in accordance with Agency Policies and Procedures
• Contribute to a positive culture by assisting and supporting colleagues as needed and encouraging and teaching
others about the unit’s operations
• Maintain a safe, secure and clean environment
• Participate in Unit Meetings
Qualifications / Skills:
• Working towards a Degree or Diploma in human services field with related experience
• Clear Criminal Record Check, Enhanced Reliability Screening and valid First Aid/CPR
• Ability to work shift work including weekends, holidays and awake overnights
• Strong communication and pro-social relationship building skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a mental health and high risk offender population
• Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team
Conditions of Employment:
• The successful candidate must be able to work shift work (including holidays, weekends, evenings, and overnight
shifts) and be available for a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
• The hours of work are 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm, and 11:00 pm – 7:00 am shifts.
• The position requires frequent standing, walking up and down stairs, and occasional lifting.
• This position is to start as soon as possible.
The starting wage is $20 per hour. Shift differential will be paid for hours worked between midnight (12:00 am) and 6:00
Please apply through Shift Worker – 101st Street Apartments – Edmonton, AB – Indeed.com
If you are not able to access Indeed, please submit a résumé and cover letter in one PDF document to
email@example.com Please include “23-031EJHS – Shift Worker (101 ST Apartments)” in the Subject Line of the email.
Please include how you heard about the position in the cover letter. Resumes without a cover letter will not be
considered. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Safety and harmony in our community
Edmonton John Howard Society is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from
people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds