Empowering youth to transition to a more hope-filled future
REE*START is a voluntary community program supporting youth ages 15-24. Through a relational model, youth are assisted in developing positive support systems so they have the skills and knowledge to transition to adulthood.
- Community Based (we will come to you)
- Youth’s needs and self-identified goals addressed
- Short-term and long-term one-on-one support
- Harm-reduction, strengths based, & trauma informed service delivery
- Support in the justice system (court support, incarceration, probation)
- Connections to appropriate programs and agencies
Connect to REE*START
More information: 780.428.7590 | Referral Form: Click Here
REE*START – Full Program Details
(Resources, Education, Employment, Support, Teaching, Advocacy, Respect, Transition)
To support and empower youth to make healthy choices in life. This is accomplished by promoting independence and helping youth to develop positive support systems so they have skills and knowledge to transition into adulthood.
- Is available to youth 15 – 22 years of age.
- Can be accessed by youth with or without Children and Family Service status or justice status.
- Offers long term and short term one on one support.
- Operates on a Voluntary basis.
- Provides a safe, non-judgemental welcoming environment.
- Practices person centred, relationship and strength based rationale.
- Provides coaching on social etiquette, self-regulation and role modelling.
- Provides support to youth where they are at (e.g. community, correctional facilities, EJHS office)
- Provides supportive conversations to encourage youth to overcome obstacles they may face.
- Provides knowledge of community resources such as, basic needs, housing, legal services, community meals, education, employment preparation and counselling services.
Short and Long Term Support:
- Provides short term and long term support based on the needs/wants of the youth.
- Encourages youth to foster healthy relationships.
- Works with youth one on one, to develop an ongoing service plans.
- Supports youth to achieve their self-identified goals.
- Assists with resume writing, job seeking, interviews and follow up techniques.
- Helps youth to complete applications (employment, education, identification, funding etc).
- Provides support in court.
- Provides support during incarceration including release planning
- Assists with appropriate community referrals.
- Encourages and teaches youth to advocate for themselves
- Works in collaboration with other youth serving agencies to provide comprehensive support to the young person.
We work with clients to identify community resources and link them to appropriate agencies. We provide internal and external referrals as required.
REE*START is open to all youth (age 15-22) at any stage in their life. Whether the youth requires help with a specific issue or just someone to talk to, the Youth Transition Advisors are there as a support.
Participants are involved in the program on a voluntary basis. Youth can be self-referred or referred by any person in the community. Referring persons will be required to submit a referral form. Youth will be accepted on a first come first served basis as our capacity allows. Our program is client directed, therefore youth must be open to change and willing to engage in our services.
- Call for more information, 780.428.7590
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday
8:30am – 11:30am and 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Open- 8:30am – 11:30am
Closed-12:00pm – 4:30pm