COVID-19 Service Updates
Adult Support Services
– OPEN for current clients and mail pick up
– Providing phone services at 780.428.7590
Family Violence Prevention Centre
– All services by phone only
– Call for Intake at 780.423.1635
Integrated Offender Management Initiative (IOMI) call for services at 780.428.7590
Alternatives to Detention – Ongoing and taking on new clients
WRAP-ED –Accepting Referrals
Edmonton John Howard Society
Edmonton John Howard Society (EJHS) is concerned for the health and safety of our staff and our clients. We know our clients are among those most vulnerable to health concerns like COVID-19, as some may have compromised immune systems and pre-existing health conditions, along with precarious living situations and urgent basic needs. We are proactively assisting our staff to support our clients, educate and provide the safest environment we can at this time. Our first priority is protecting our staff and clients while we maintain our critical services within the community. While currently we are not aware of any confirmed cases amongst our staff, volunteers, or people who access our services, we are doing contingency planning for many possible scenarios.
• We are sharing information with staff, volunteers and people accessing our services on how to prevent and recognize COVID-19.
• We are taking extra sanitation measures to clean all surfaces thoroughly and more frequently within our office/facilities and we have taken preventative measures with respect to non-essential guests at our office/facilities.
• We are regularly updating and implementing measures with our Senior Leadership so that they are empowered and can empower our staff with any updates to our response to COVID-19.
• We are in regular contact with partner agencies, funders and stakeholders to establish a proactive and collective COVID-19 strategy; keeping communication open will make us all stronger.
• We will continue to carefully monitor and follow the guidance set out by the Public Health Authorities both provincially and federally to facilitate the prevention, early detection and containment of the virus.
In the coming weeks, we stand together and encourage open communication within our organization and our community. Information as of March 19, 2020.
We are a non-profit, charitable organization serving young people without support systems, victims, and people at risk or involved with the justice system. We believe in restoring lives, preventing crime, and strengthening communities.