Facilitating the transition from incarceration to community living
Independence Apartments is a 35 bed community based residential facility that provides supports to adult males on conditional release under the authority of the Parole Board of Canada.
Areas of Support
In addition to on-site Parole Officers, each resident is assigned a Case Worker to assist with:
- Developing Crime Cycles
- Identifying and managing high risk behaviors
- Creating Relapse Prevention Plans
- Achieving client identified goals
- Community program referrals
- Supporting former residents
Connect to Independence Apartments
More Information: 780.421.7355 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Referrals: Accepted from institutional and community based Parole Officers
Independence Apartments – Full Program Details
Is to facilitate and support the reintegration process of federal offenders transitioning from incarceration to community living; we provide a safe, structured, supportive environment to ease this process
- Works in partnership with Correctional Services of Canada
- Is a 35 bed community based residential facility that provides service to adult males on release in the community under authority of the National Parole Board
- Requires referrals from institutional and community based parole officers. Independence Apartments conducts formal file reviews to determine each applicant’s suitability to the program
- Accepts referrals from 101st Street Apartments, where clients have the opportunity to cascade from the Enhanced Program
- Assigns each resident with a Caseworker who will work one on one with the resident to develop crime cycles, identify high risk behaviours, create relapse prevention plans and focus on client identified goals
- Requires all residents to be employed, attending school or participating in a pre-approved treatment plan unless deemed medically unfit.
- Shelter and a weekly grocery allowance;
- Skilled Caseworkers;
- Two on site Parole Officers;
- 24/7 staffing and support;
- Referrals to community programs including the EJHS Adult Support Services;
- Ongoing support to past residents as required.
Independence Apartments accepts referrals from institutional and community based Parole Officers. Residency is determined by conducting a formal file review which determines the applicant’s suitability for residency.
Residency is determined by reviewing the following:
- Client’s attitude and release plan
- Completed programming and adherence to Correctional Plan
- Willingness and availability of treatment within the community
- Risk/need assessment